Re-Engineering of a Back-Office Application into the AWS Cloud using Serverless Components with Amazon Cognito and Active Directory Accessibility
CoreLogic is the largest provider of property information, analytics and property-related risk management services in Australia and New Zealand.
They are the market leaders for commercial property data for capital city CBD markets across Australia, with thousands of properties physically inspected every year to make up the subscription product known as Cityscope.
A number of internal systems have been built over the years to allow employees to access this data to ensure it is kept up to date and accurate. Industry Data were employed to re-engineer a back-office application dedicated to the access and maintenance of this critical data. A new serverless web application was developed providing internal employees with web access to their data 24 hours a day, whilst enjoying the benefits of native elasticity and tracking to ensure the system was always available and mistakes or changes could be undone. Industry Data also integrated Amazon Cognito and Active Directory within the AWS platform to ensure that the transition for internal employees was seamless and original credentials could be maintained.
Take a look at the CoreLogic website to learn more about what they do: corelogic.com.au
- Back-office system was on legacy technology - sporadic back ups and little roll-back capability added risk to the solution
- Users were limited to how many could use the system at one time, and each had to be logged on to the corporate network to gain access
- Little ability to change or improve functionality due to risk of system failure
- Little logging, auditing and tracking of changes by user was available
- System was limited in its data validation checking, which meant additional manual review was required prior to a release to the customer facing product
"I would have no hesitation in recommending the Industry Data team. Their level of professionalism is extremely high and their ability to deal in the technical while communicating with the not-so-technical stakeholders, makes working with them a smooth experience. I would have no hesitation in engaging Industry Data again. In fact I look forward to when that time comes.”
Brett Scott, CoreLogic